We wash our hands, we wash our clothes and we wash countless other items but we may be forgetting to wash our makeup brushes.
So from me to you, here’s a reminder to do so!
To clean my makeup brushes I use Bare Essentials brush conditioning shampoo. You can also use other drug store versions or any other mild soap or shampoo of your choice. I’d suggest you’d go with a gel like soap or shampoo for best cleaning results. The rest is pretty easy!
- wet brush, room temp water is best
- use just a drop of brush cleaner and work the product through the brush
- rinse brush until water runs clear (here’s where you’ll see all the left behind gunk)
- squeeze out excess water and re-shape brush so that it dries correctly
- lay brush out on a towel and let air dry, only use brush when it is completely dry!
It only takes a few minutes and its worth it! Cleaning can help your brushes last longer and help prevent your skin from breaking out. They will also feel great on your skin!